» Looking for something different ?
If you are the adventure type and looking for a new destination that will fulfill your expectations you can try Glacier Bay for your next vacation.
The area is famous because it offers a suggestive landscape of the evolution after the Ice Age. Gustavus Airport is situated 16 km from Bartlett Cove Park and has connections with Juneau International Airport situated 95 km far. You can use ferry to go from Juneau to Gustavus or Bartlett Cove but usually travelers use cruise ships.
You can use also a bus to go from Gustavus to Bartlett Cove Park but there is no view comparing to the one from a boat or ferry.
» Suggestions for your vacation:
• explore Juneau, the capital of Alaska; visit Alaska State Museum and Last Chance Mining Museum,
• take Mount Roberts Tram and enjoy the landscape near Juneau,
• go to Mendenhall Glacier in the north of the city; on the road you can visit Glacier Gardens and Alaska Brewery,
• when you go to Bartlett Cove or Gustavus scrutinize the sea to see the killer whales or humpback whales,
• go on a cruise at Glacier Bay through the high peaks to Margerie Glacier,
• take a kayak with a guide and go to Beardslee Islands.
» Travel tips:
• take a bug spray; it will be helpful,
• don't go alone on unmarked trails or with kayak and let information to the park responsible about the places where you will go.